Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

thoughts in a sleepless night...

Have been having problem waking up too early in the morning, 6ish and 7ish am, when I definitely have not had enough sleep (much less than 8 hrs). So I took a long nap yesterday 5ish to 8ish pm (missed my favourate 3 news)..ended up trying for 1 hr to fall asleep in bed and failed...the brain's extremely active while awake in bed, so i think i would just get up and do something rather than trying so hard to fall asleep, since...i dont really like spending my time sleeping at all...

1. I have decided to keep a research journal of the articles I read for my project. I have printed some pages with what useful information to include (as suggested in a website) and how to organize them for clear reusing the information. But now I think maybe a digital research journal will be better because it allows more effective searching within the records. I wish i know some programming skills so that i can make one for myself. Should start contacting IT friends...

2. Now that there are 3 supervisors. Create a virtual meeting room where i can post new questions i have, meeting notes, reading and writing progress etc.... updates will be automatically sent to my supervisor's mail box...so they can comment or give advice on it and respond ( of which i and everyone else involved would be automatically notified by email). Does moodle do this? Or shall I create a blog for it? umm...i need to give it a thought.

3. what i want to do and how am i going to achieve these..
- improve my english writing--> reading "on writing well" + read more english novels
- effective communication of my ideas to others --> dont know exactly how yet
- keep a research journal ---> starting from the next article
- learn to sew ---> at least once a week?
- learn to draw ---> beginner's class beginning soon :)

4. Try to do my best this time, get the most out of my 3-4 years. Keep the hard work. Thicken my face, try not to avoid criticisms but to learn from it. I guess I'll only improve my knowledge by exposing what I truely know (and dont know). Respect is never given but earned.

3 comments:

  1. To "thicken my face" is so evocative in the imagery it conjures. I may have to steal the phrase from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..thanks for the visit and smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello my friend! warm greeting ^^!
    your blog looks nice 0_0

    by the way,
    if you need to find unique fonts, you can go to our website.

    best regards;

    ReplyDelete